Sunday, January 23, 2011

I like Kpop but than doesn't make me a teeny bopper :(

Nowadays, it seems liking Kpop and not understanding the Korean language can make you seem like a teeny bopper. I'm ashamed to admit to my friends and acquaintances to my listening and following Korean music.
Yes, I don't understand the language, but hey, music is a universal language, no matter what genre or language, everyone can enjoy it. I'm not a die hard fan of Kpop since I do listen to English music, but enough for me to purchase their actual CD on online music stores.  

The connection I'm trying to illustrate between Kpop and teeny boppers is that of, for example the Bieber fever fans and Swifty fans (I am a fan of Taylor Swift, she's pretty talented for her age). The majority of Bieber and Swifty fans are teenagers, so people then come to a conclusion, hey you like their music....you are then labelled as a "teeny bopper". Same goes with Kpop, many international fans of idol groups are those in their teens.

Out of topic rant: What I find depressing with Kpop nowadays is the influx of idol groups (note: I'm not trying to discriminate, I do like some of the idol groups) and to stay on top with this fierce competition, catchy lack lustre songs are released every so often, it becomes ever so repetitive and monotonous. Idol groups are changing their styles every so often with every single/mini-album/album release, it now becomes a bit difficult to distinct each group. But I'll talk more about this in one of my later posts.      

No comments:

Post a Comment