Monday, March 5, 2012

WongFu Productions in Sydney

When WongFu first released news about a South East Asia and Australia tour, I couldn't believe what I was hearing....WongFu in Sydney, NO WAY!! After watching their vlogs of their various tours in the University's in the United States, I couldn't believe that they were actually coming to Australia in the flesh. Knowing myself, I couldn't miss this golden opportunity, I bought tickets and dragged my sister along (mind you she doesn't know much about WongFu). A word of note, I'm not a die hard fan girl who screams and swoons over them i.e. like some teebees in the show, I'm here to listen them talk about their work not to hear you screaming for them. I am just just a fan who appreciates their amazing and inspiring work.


History
I started following their youtube videos late 2009. I had previously stumbled across their "Just A Nice Guy" video, with no idea that WongFu existed . It was then after I started to browse and watch all their videos and really enjoyed watching them especially their weekly vlogs.




Its great to see the personalities behind the camera who create such simple but meaningful videos. That's what I love about these guys, they take such a simple and an everyday concept and make it into something much more. I think youtube is such a excellent and innovative tool in connecting to the audience and making the viewing experience much more personable. 


WongFu @ UNSW 04/03/2012
Anyways, enough of my constant blabber and back to the main topic of this post. 

When I first arrived at UNSW, the line was ridiculously long and I was an hour early......like wtf. No surprise, 95% of the attendees were Asian and young. It took over an hour to actually get into the venue and be seated...gahhh. 


Yup I was sitting at the back :(

HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY: just before I was about to go in (mind you I was literally at the end of the line)  Wesley Chan poked his head out to talk to one of the volunteers of the event. I yelled out "HI" and he said hi back. Awesome!! One on one interaction and I didn't even need to pay for the meet and greet tickets, lol.



Different angles to give some variety to the photos

I wanted an awkward penguin :(

It was was an awesome, enjoyable and inspirational show with a few laughs here and there. It was great to see Ted and his cat towards the end of the show. I'm exited to see their future projects and will proudly support them in their future endeavours.

Hi Ted!

Haha Ted's seedy smile?

And the Best Man is ....

Thank you WongFu for entertaining me with your enjoyable videos and making me look forward to the next whenever I see a new video in my subscriptions list. And also giving an opportunity to your international fans to see you live and in person. WONGFU 4 LYFE!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment